Sunday, June 16, 2019

Kumquat Tree (Kinkan) Album

I purchased a kumquat Tree (Kinkan) a few years ago from a nursery. The first year it produced so many flowers and perhaps 7-10 fruit. A typhoon damaged it and I had to repot it, so it did not produce last year, but this year it bounced back and produced many flowers and about 5 fruit. The tree is only about 50 cm tall, but amazing and the flowers smell so wonderful.

I just noticed it started to flower again. It has one fruit from two flowering sessions ago and 4-5 fruit from the last flowering session. Now it should produce a few more fruit. It seems to always have fruit throughout the year at different stages of flowering.

Kumquats (Kinkan) look like a little tangerine, but a little bitter; however, they are packed with tons of vitamins. Once they turn orange you simply pick and eat them whole. Skin and all.

I planted a Kumquat (Kinkan) that dropped and a year later I have a new Kumquat tree.



No comments:

Post a Comment