Monday, June 17, 2019

Banana Tree Album


 
I purchased and planted a banana tree nearly two and a half years ago. From this one tree, I have propagated over 25 trees and have them growing in four different pods. 
My tress typically flower in late summer and I harvest the bananas in March or April. After the bananas are harvested the tree will be cut down since it will not produce bananas again. But don't worry, it will produce many pups to takes it's place; however, do not keep more than two or 3 pups around the mother tree, since they will steal the nutrients. Pups a foot or taller can be transplanted to a new location or just cut down.
I try and keep the bunch on the tree as long as I can and cut a hand off to ripen up inside, but when the tree gets weak and can no longer hold the bunch, I cut it off and hang it up in the back. I just cut a hand off and let it ripen. The bunch stays fresh for weeks hanging up.



This is a pup I transplanted and it's yield below. 


No comments:

Post a Comment