Saturday, May 30, 2020

Red Leaf Lettuce (Sunny Lettuce)

(5/30) The color of Red Leaf Lettuce (Sunny Lettuce) is dependent on the sun. The more direct sunlight it gets, the redder. This particular plant grew naturally from dropped seeds on the top tier of my tower, so it got lots of sunlight. Looks absolutely beautiful. 
I sewed these Lettuce seeds in early May, but something ate all the sprouts, so I sewed again about two weeks ago and put a net over the planter. They are starting to sprout again.
I sewed these Lettuce seeds in a starter trey on 15 May
The Lettuce started to sprout on 23 May 
I transplanted the Lettuce from the starter trey to planters 
I transplanted these plants from the starter trey to a planter and covered with a net. I will see the difference as they mature. My guess is they will grow the same but these plants will not get red due to the lack of direct sunlight.
I sewed these Lettuce seeds on 19 May and covered with Saran wrap and poked many holes for air the get through. Some plants sprouted, but not as many as I hoped. Perhaps I do not have enough holes. I make some more.







No comments:

Post a Comment