Thursday, May 14, 2020

Watermelon (Suika)

(5/14) I built a trellis using Pampas Grass stocks I gathered from behind my house to place my Watermelon plants. I have six pretty healthy plants and plan to grow one Watermelon per plant. I typically only grow one Watermelon per plant to try and get a sweet Watermelon. I hope my trellis holds up.
(5/16) There are a lot of flowers and a few little Watermelons seem to be growing.
(5/19)
(5/21) 
I see more Watermelons growing. I will have to trace the vine, because I only want one Watermelon on each plant to ensure all the nutrients go towards one fruit to make it sweet.
(5/23) Found a second Watermelon. I have six plants in this container, so hope I can get one fruit per plant.
(6/3) I've lost a few Watermelons to caterpillars so decided to wrap them. It has been about a week and it looks like the wrapping has worked. 
(6/7) The Watermelon are growing quickly. 
(6/7)

No comments:

Post a Comment