Tuesday, March 31, 2020

Front Yard

I planted some Cherry Tomatoes in the front of my house. I have many regular Tomato plants, but they are not doing well due to the humidity, so I've been fighting blight. Cherry Tomato plants do better during the warmer months and tend to be more resistant to deceases like blight.

I've tried many ways to fight blight, but I settled on plain soap and water. I use a wet rag and dish liquid and wipe down each leaf I find blight. This may not be practical for someone with hundreds or thousands of plants, but I only have about 50 plants. If you do this from the first time you see the fungus, it is not as demanding as you think. I remove the leaves and branches that are too bad, but take a few minutes everyday to clean the leaves I notice. Also, I cover the soil with straw or grass cuttings to prevent the fungus from splashing on the leaves when I water, as well as maintain moister.  

No comments:

Post a Comment