Thursday, March 12, 2020

Beans (Bikkuri Jumbo, Bush, Flat, Helda, Romano, String)

The Beans are starting to grow, but it is difficult to see them with all the lettuce sprouts, but they are starting to pop up. I like to grow Lettuce with my Beans and Tomatoes. I find they grow well together and compliment the soil.
(12 March) The Lettuce has ready grown and three String Bean plants appeared.
This is the second planter I have with Beans and Lettuce. I've already started to harvest the Lettuce and two Bean spouts finally popped through. At lunch I suspended some ropes for the Beans to climb.
(12 March) Beans starting to climb. I've eaten a lot of the Lettuce.
(10 April) Well, beans are starting to mature and they are all Bush Beans. None of the Flat Beans grew. I'll keep trying. 


No comments:

Post a Comment