Thursday, December 5, 2019

Potato (Jagaimo)

I cut up and planted a Potato (150 grams) I had in my bin about a month ago and it just recently sprouted. It will take about two months from this point before I can harvest. Now that these just sprouted, I will plant another potato somewhere to let it grow. Potatoes will generally yield roughly seven times the original weight of the potato. The Potato I planted weighted about 150 grams and I expect it to yield about 1 kg (2 pounds). I do not eat a lot of potatoes, so one or two pounds a month is more than enough for me.
I planted this Potato about two months ago. It was a really tiny Potato, so I do not expect much. I already removed the top layer of dirt to check the progress and as expected, they are tiny. The planter is shallow, so do not have big expectations, but suspect they will grow a little more in the coming month. Stay tuned...

No comments:

Post a Comment