Monday, December 6, 2021

 I had a few containers in the front of my house that I was letting rest, but decided to plant. The soil was in pretty good shape, but I added some fresh leaf mulch, soil and fertilizer all the same. It not only enriched the soil, but added a few inches of depth. Also, all these vegetables are 4-6 weeks out of season, but believe they will grow just fine due to this climate.  

In this container I planted 12 Daikon (Japanese Radish) seeds and 20 standard Red Radish seeds.
In this container I planted 16 Naganegi (Scallions) seeds and 12 Bok Choy seeds.
In this container I planted 12 Onion (Tama Negi) seeds and 16 salad Beet seeds. Salad Beets are smaller and sweeter than the standard American Beets and can be eaten raw; hence the name salad Beets. 
These are the Carrot seeds I posted about previously. I just crumbled up one of the dried Carrot flowers over the soil and watered, but was not expected this many sprouts. WoW! I will thin them out once they get a little taller.

No comments:

Post a Comment