Wednesday, September 15, 2021

Fruit Trees

I have not posted the status of my fruit trees since early March. In the past six months they have grown quite a bit and some have actually produced fruit. 

Side Balcony

I have some saplings on my side balcony that I did not have in March. I will transplant them once they get a little larger.

Yuzu and New Summer Orange trees
New Summer Orange
Yuzu
Apple Mango
Once this tree reach about a foot, I will cut the tip off so it branches.

Front Yard

Canistel
Grapefruit (corner)
Loquat (Biwa)
Avocado 
PawPaw
Peach
Produced lots of Peaches, but lost most of them due to heavy rain.
Guava (White)
Still has fruit.
Strawberry Guava
Produced many fruit.
Mikan
Mikan
From a Nursery. I suspect this tree will fruit next year.
Sweet Valentine Orange
Grapefruit
Shikuwasa
I suspect this tree will fruit next year.
Kumquat (Kinkan)
Produced fruit, but the tree got sick; therefore, I removed all the fruit and trimmed the branches. I also removed the tree and replaced the soil. It is now recovering and doing well.
Shikuwasa
Grapefruit
Hibiscus (not a fruit tree)
Plumeria (not a fruit tree)

Back Yard

Loquat (Biwa)
Surinam Cherry
Produced a few Cherries this year.
Banana
Papaya
Productive
Persimmon (Kaki)
Guava (Red)
Produced about 40 fruit and starting to bud again.
Acerola Cherry
Heavy producer. Bloomed four times this year and produced about 6kg (13lbs) of cherries and blossoming again for the fifth time.
Kitsu Mango
Flowered last year, but I cut off the flowers. Did not flower this year, but I expect fruit next year. I will start training the branches.
Shikuwasa
I expect this tree to fruit next year.
Avocado
I trimmed this tree this year and expect it will fruit next year.
Canistel

Second Floor Balcony

Mikan
I started this from a cutting about 2-years ago. It is healthy, but growing slowly. 



No comments:

Post a Comment