Sunday, December 20, 2020

Passion Fruit

(10/20) The Passion Fruit on my side balcony are starting to flower. This vines is nearly two years old.

I'm noticing a lot of new vines with buds.

I pollinated some of these flowers, but it was rainy. Passion Fruit do not pollinate well during the rain. The pollen gets sticky and the flower does not germinate. I lost around 10 flowers last week due to the rain.


These are very young vines and do not expect fruit from them this coming season.

These vines are a little older and may produce flowers in May. I have six more plants in the back of the house, but they are all young and some seedlings in another planter that will most definitely not produce fruit this season. In total, I have 14 mature plants and not sure how many seedlings I will keep, but these should produce hundreds of fruit in the coming year or two. 

No comments:

Post a Comment