Wednesday, December 23, 2020

Jasmine and Marjoram

(12/23) I added a few more herbs to my herb garden. I got a Jasmine cutting from a neighbor during the summer and planted it directly. It did not start to grow until just recently. I will not be able to tell what type of Jasmine this is until it flowers. The flower of the Jasmine plant has an extremely strong sweet amorma, so I plan to keep it in a planter in case I have to move it. I intend to use the Jasmine flowers to make tea. Jasmine is also used as a medication to treat stomach problems and liver ailments.

Marjoram tastes very similar to Oregano, but sweeter, and a suitable substitute; however, I intend to use it to make tea. It is extremely easy to Propagate. A cutting placed in water will grow roots in days and can be planted in about a week to 10 days. I planted my first plant a few weeks ago, took cuttings and now have about 10 plants. It's really easy.  

No comments:

Post a Comment