Saturday, July 27, 2019

Bitter Melon (Goya, Nagauri)

One of the Bitter Melons (Goya, Nigauri) ripened, exploded and fell. You can see it in the right red circle. The fruit is bright orange. This fruit will create a new plant. The left circle shows some new plants growing from a previously dropped fruit and to the very right there are some more new plants, but you cannot see them in this picture. These vines should grow and start developing fruit in about a month.


As you've seen from my pictures, Goya are green, but will turn orange when very rip. I used to throw them away when they turned orange because I thought they were bad, but I found they can still be eaten and in fact they lose some of their bitterness and become sweet, so I no longer throw them away, but rather eat them.


No comments:

Post a Comment