Thursday, October 8, 2020

Back Yard

(10/8) The space behind my house is on a slope, but I've been doing my best to create levels to plant stuff. It is an ongoing project, but here is what I've done recently.
This space had a large Papaya, small Avocado and some Banana tress. The last typhoon toppled my Papaya tree and the Banana trees were just not growing. Additionally, there was still a slight slop, so I decided to dig everything up, add some new soil and level it off. I removed 13 Banana trees, removed most of their leaves and roots and set them off to the side for about a week until I finished. Then I selected six of the best trees and replanted them using potting soil and nutrients. Let's see if that will spur their growth. I have a lot of space along the edges, so plan to plant other stuff, like Pineapples, Rosemary, Chilli Peppers and the like. 

The tier below the Banana trees I built a trellis for the Yellow Passion Fruit. I finally planted one at the base of each of the beams. I need to add a rope to help them climb. I am thinking to plant three grape vines on the opposite beans, but need to research that a little more.
The tier below the Yellow Passion Fruit I have some Dragon Fruit, an Avocado tree, Banana trees and a few Paprika plants.
Off in the corner, near to the Flax plant, I planted a Shikuwasa tree. It is really starting to take off.
I've been monitoring the progress of these Dragon Fruit and finding they are all developing roots. I cannot wait to see their progress in a year from now.
I had some extra Banana trees, so planted them in this location; however, I need to add more soil.
Getting crowded.
The last typhoon really beat up my Mango tree. I will cover it up next year during the typhoons. This is why most people grow their Mango tree in greenhouses.

No comments:

Post a Comment