Saturday, November 13, 2021

Rain Lily (Zephyranthes Lily)

Rain Lilies grow wild around my area. There are a verity of colors, but generally I find white, yellow and pink. I'm propagating these in containers at the moment and going to plant them around my garden. They require little to no care and when grouped together are quite pretty. 
White Rain Lily
Yellow Rain Lily
Rain Lilies can be propagated by planting the bulb or seed. The bulb generates new bulbs quickly to create new plants. Each flower also produces tons of seeds. The flower will create three seed pods and each pod contains 15-20 seeds. 
The group of thin blades are Rain Lilies planted from seed. There is something else sprouting, but not sure what they are. They do not look like weeds, so will let them grow and if they are something I want, I will transplanted them. 
I planted bulbs in these containers last summer. They are growing well and already producing white Rain Lily flowers.

No comments:

Post a Comment