Saturday, June 17, 2023

Shikuwasa

The Shikuwasa tree in the back of my house is producing fruit, but I have a Shikuwasa tree in the front of my house that is just starting to bloom. I never got any significant amount of fruit from my trees in the past and do not understand the production cycle. I'm not sure if these trees bloom twice a year, like Guava, or perhaps the tree in the front of my house is mislabeled. I need to study the situation. Also, the tree in the back of my house is constantly under attack from Citrus Bark Beetles. I check the tree everyday and must have eliminated over 20 beetles, but more keep showing up. I think I've eliminated the larva in the ground, but they did considerable damage to the trunk that I keep working on. These are a serious pest. 
Blossoms

No comments:

Post a Comment