Friday, July 8, 2022

Dragon Fruit

(07/02) Seven Passion Fruit flowers bloomed the evening on 4 and 5 July. I did not pollinate the three that bloomed on 4 July, but pollinated the other four on 5 July. I have one other flower that seemed to have self pollinated on 10 June, so this plant may be in fact a self pollinating verity and I just had bad luck last year, I will have to wait and see,
(07/05) These are the four flowers that blossomed on 5 July. I got pollen from Dragon Fruit flowers behind my local community center. They are so beautiful, large and smell amazing, like honeysuckle. 
(07/08) I found many new flower buds. I will have to remove some to allow the plant to grow a few large fruit, instead of many small ones. Usually, I will only keep one or two buds per branch. I will allow them to get larger and select the healthiest looking buds to keep. 

No comments:

Post a Comment