Wednesday, November 16, 2022

Dragon Fruit

When I left for vacation two weeks ago there were two green Dragon Fruit on the plant. They were due to ripen just before my return, but I was hoping they would last and the bats would not eat them. Well, they made it with a little damage, and they were delicious. 
They were quite large too. I only had a few on the plant, so the plant could put a lot of energy into them.
Just before I left I pollinated seven flowers and three made it. The fruit is already developed and should be ready to pick in about two weeks. Remember, it takes Dragon Fruit 30 days to mature from the day it is pollinated with a 3-5 day variance. This is the third time this season they produced fruit. As mentioned before, Dragon Fruit blossom for a five month period each year. In my region that is typically between May and September, but this year it was June to October. 

No comments:

Post a Comment