Wednesday, August 12, 2020

Passion Fruit (Yellow)

 (8/12) I planted 15 Yellow Passion Fruit seeds on 16 June and three sprouted. They are doing well and the leaves are so shinny. The shape of the leaves are different compared to my purple Passion Fruit. I will transplant them at the back of my house where I built a trellis once they get about a foot long. I was going to transplant some purple Passion Fruit back there too, but do not want them cross pollinating, so will keep the purple Passion Fruit in the front and yellow in the back.

There is a size different between Yellow and Purple Passion Fruit and the timing when to eat is different as well. It is easy to tell when to eat a Purple Passion Fruit, which is once it starts to shrivel; however, Yellow Passion Fruit is based on a particular color. I do not have any practical experience so will have to wait until these produce and experiment.

No comments:

Post a Comment