Tuesday, February 4, 2020

Tomato

These Tomato shouts are from Tomatoes I planted that the birds picked at. I transplanted them about a week ago and they are doing fine. They are determinate plants, which means they will not grow like a vine and will have a finite height, but I added trellis to support them as they grow since it is quite windy where I live. I have had plants break due to the wind and wish to prevent it, if possible. 

However,  if a Tomato plant does break, its not a total loss. You can simply remove the leaves and branches, except for a few leaves at the top and plant the stock as deep as possible. The tiny hairs on a Tomato plant are actually roots. Sometimes you can get an even healthier plant from a broken plant or clipping.

I have Tomato plants popping up everywhere due to bird droppings. I am curious how many Tomatoes the birds actually got (haha!).

No comments:

Post a Comment